Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

(Click Comic for Larger View)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Or, rather, it should say Happy American Thanksgiving. Apparently, the Canadians had their Thanksgiving about a month ago, but I don't know if other countries have a similar "Thanksgiving" holiday, or if they do, when they celebrate it. I'm looking forward to eating some good food tomorrow.

As for the comic itself, I like how the lines turned out, but I should have inked in some more blacks for the background. If I had more time, I would have done that or added more color. Drop me a note in the comments, if you have time, letting me know wether or not you like the line quality of this comic as opposed to this one from October, the one titled "A Wet Cat."

Also, even though I never intended this comic to have semi-autobiographical elements in it, it has drifted towards being that way. Dana, Bossy Doodlecoop, and Skratchi all have rough real life counterparts. And in that regard, I should say that my girlfriend, the inspiration for Dana, is an excellent cook. She is not horrified by the "dog biscuit stuffing" punchline here, but by the idea that one gets recipes off of the Internet. While very occasionally she uses the Internet for food inspiration, most of the recipes, which I can attest to from personal experience, are yummy, and have either been handed down to her through her family or have been developed through her excellent sense of taste. Anyhow, enjoy your own Thanksgiving (if you have one) and happy holidays.

3 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger zanthir said...

Hello. Today I cleaned my desk at work and decided that one of your mouse pads would look at home in place of the one I have. I just thought you might want to know about it, and I have a couple of questions. Have you had many orders from the angry store yet? Also if you don't mind me asking, what kind of a cut do you get from sales of those things?

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger z. said...

Well, to be frank, I haven't had too many orders from the store yet, but everything is still in the process of developing. After a lot of reading of other comics on the Net, I've heard that it takes about a full year for most comics to really settle into their own. When that happens, I think I might see more orders than I currently do.

As for the "cut," I don't make as much as you would figure. Cafe Press establishes the base price for the basic item, and then I add a teeny price on top of that for a small profit. So for example, on a two dollar magnet, I would add 25 cents. Eventually, when I make enough sales, they will cut me a check, which the government will take a bite out of in taxes.

Needless to say, this is not something that I will get rich off of, but my thought when I created the store was that it would be fun to do and fun to buy. Send me an e-mail when you get your mouse pad and tell me how you like it.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger zanthir said...

Sure thing, I'm looking forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home