Monday, March 14, 2005

Almost Started

(Click Comic for Larger View)
Almost Started

As the title suggests, this party is almost started. The above single-panel comic has all of the characters to date, but I am still planning on introducing more as time goes on. I've been doing some reading on comics, which leads me to believe that I should continue to develop my personal style (something that I feel I have been doing well), and try to punch up the visual syle to convey more action (something I could work on).

I've not yet put up the poll to establish the duck character's name. So far, we have: Polly Pufflehead, Polly Puddleduck, Wanda A'lorange, Wanda Bongobrains, and Kelly Krinklebird. I need more suggestions, so put yours in the comments. The poll should be going up next week depending on how things go.

6 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger zanthir said...

Not that there's anything wrong with this, but I just realized your duck has four legs. It didn't bother me at first, but once I noticed it I couldn't stop thinking about it. Clark only has two legs, he uses his wings like arms, but Wanda/Polly whoever she is definately has four legs, two that she uses like arms, and I can't get over it.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger zanthir said...

Just imagine her swiming in a pond. You don't notice anything different about her from the other ducks. She swims over to the shore to get the bread you're throwing. And when she gets out, you see why she's the alpha duck. She stands tall on all four legs. This is kind of what I picture now when I look at the first picture you drew of her. It looks fine as long as you think of her as a humanoid creature, but if you think of her in nature it just seems wrong.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger z. said...

I guess you're right. I never really thought about it before, and when I drew it in black and white I suppose I unconsciously thought of her arms as wings because they were already white. When I colored it in orange, the previous impression remained, so it did not look weird to me until you brought that up. I'm going to have to think about that this next week and see what changes I am going to make.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about putting a story on it like, perhaps Wanda is a "special" duck, like the 6 million dollar man or more aptly the bionic woman, who lost her wings in an accident and now has super bionic arms (you could do with adding a thumb or two) so she can open a soda bottle without a tool. Of course, she can swim extra fast too.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger zanthir said...

I like that idea, she could be s "special" four limbed duck. But would she also have wings in addition to her four other appendages? It could have been from a genetic mutation due to high pollution levels where she comes from. There are many possible answers.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Wanda Waddelalots needs to have arms, I agree. I think you also need to make a side note of why the duck is wearing a helmet. Like why she is so "special". I don't know if that will help her character or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home