Sunday, February 06, 2005

Behind the Scenes


Behind the Scenes

Sorry about the week delay in posting, but things have been super busy with work lately, so I have not had much time to work on my comic. I do have one that is about half drawn that I hope to have posted in the next couple of days. I hope you are still having fun reading these. If you have any suggestions for improvement, story-arcs, or just want to say hi, remember, you can post an anonymous comment below, or send an e-mail to the address in the side bar.

As for this posting, this is a picture of the materials that I use to draw the web comic. The top sheet is the actual inked comic in a near finished state. I next upload it through my scanner, make the blacks darker by adjusting the "curves" in my generic photoshop program, and digitally erase any of the stray marks or mistakes that I may have made to the image itself. However, before the inking stage, I write out the script and draw a very rough guide of how I want the comic to appear on the page in a blue, non-photo pencil. This is the sheet in the lower right hand side of the photo. (This special pencil should not show up in the image scan, but I erase the marks anyway, probably because I am not using the pencil right and the marks tend to show.) The pens, the ink well, the pencil sharpener should be self-explanatory. However, I suppose I should point out that the bottom pen is a "brush pen" that is supposed to mimic a what could be called a painter's brush. Instead of the quill and ink, I used the brush pen to draw the comic shown in the previous posting. I am not sure I like it as well, but this might have more to do with my not being comfortable with it or my technique yet. If you have any questions, leave a comment, and I will try to answer in a couple of days or so. Also, look out for the new comic soon.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger z. said...

Check out the new commenting system by posting something! I think Blogger did a nice job here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home