Monday, January 17, 2005

Camping Surprise

(Click Comic for Larger Image)
Camping Surprise

Camping is not one of those things one usually does in the winter around here, but heck, this is a comic after all, so why not? I hope to be able to do some more interesting things with the comic in the coming weeks. Of course, that is if I can get most of my work done. I've had to read three large novels over the weekend, and let me tell you, it is not as easy as it sounds.

As for the technical aspects of this comic, I really learned some things here. I've never really been happy with how I have chosen to do Dana's hair. Although it does not show here, I finally figured out how to do her length and style a bit better. Also, I've been working on different head shapes for Zeb to try and move slightly further away from a straight on, pure 2-dimensional view. But, I also learned a few more things that would be tedious to cite them all here. Let's just say: having all of your tools (pen nibs, paper, and pencils) in good shape really is something
special.

UPDATE: (1/18) Tuesday -- Hey there, everyone. I updated the character profiles in the sidebar. I'm not sure that I am all that happy with them, but I really would like to hear from you guys about what you guys think. Do you like them? Are there pictures you think would work better? Do you want any of these images on a T-shirt? Whatever, just let me know. I'm telling you: it would make my day.

UPDATE #2: (1/18) That same day -- While tweaking around on the site, I made a distrubing surprise of my own. I had been spammed in the comments to some old posts with what I shall call "less than family friendly" links to sites with "questionable" content, stuff that is beyond "R-rated." Man, I really hate that stuff. If you see any spam, let me know and I'll take down the comments for that particular post as soon as I catch it. And if your comments disappear too, try not to be too upset. You can always repost them, or you can just let me know so we can figure out a suitable work around.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger zanthir said...

The character profile's look great. It especially pleased me to see Zeb's name written with such a fancy frame. I like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home