Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Reflection

(Click Comic for Larger View)
Reflection

As promised, here is the new comic. Actually, this is one that I had been working on for a couple of weeks off and on, mostly off though. Part of me thinks that the various lines that I used make the comic too busy. Another part of me thinks that I need to go back to the drawing board as far as character design. Still, another part of me thinks that I need to find a quicker and easier way to do this. As this is all hand drawn and hand inked, I wonder if my technique could use much more work.

Regarding the comic itself, I wanted to draw one that "reflected" my somber mood lately. This last month has been tumultuous to say the last, and personally difficult. I have been doing a lot of thinking and introspection, much like Zeb appears to be doing here. If the weather was warm, and I had time enough to go to a lake for several days, that is just what I would do. As it is, this sort-of-autobiographical comic will have to do. See you on Sunday. (Oh, and please leave a comment telling me what you think! I'd love to hear from you.)

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger zanthir said...

Fantastic! It's obvious that you spent a lot of time on detail in this one, and the work paid off. The drawing has a natural, peaceful, and relaxing atmosphere. It actually looks almost exactly like vulcan lake (here in Oregon). I went their fall of 2003 and most of the forest in the area has been burned down which only made it more tranquil because the only animals around were a few small birds, squirrels, insects, and salamanders in the lake. I really want to go back there.

From Vulcan Peak you can see rows of mountains and then the coast with the ocean stretching across the horizon. It's one of the tallest peaks around and it's quite an amazing view. Another amazing thing was the acoustics around the lake. Because of its shape, and the peacefulness, you could hear footsteps and whispers across the lake as if they were right next to you. At one time I thought my brother across the lake was big foot behind me (this is one of the number one regions for big foot sightings). The lake is warm, the water is clear, and at night I could see more stars than I had seen my whole life. I swear it looks like Zeb is standing right where we camped that fall two years ago. After looking at this drawing I am inspired to plan to go back. I hope it is still as wonderful as I remember.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home