Friday, June 02, 2006

Some Guy

(click comic for larger view)

Some Guy

Last night, I went to see the movie Art School Confidential. Overall, I liked the movie, but I thought the ending was a little weird. It was a left turn that was sort of unneccessary. The end seemed like it didn't fit the beginning which was really pretty funny. Back in my undergrad days, I thought I would minor in Art, so I took the required art classes in college and had a chance to see the typical art school characters. And to be honest, I was one. But, unlike the movie seems to suggest, I really did get something out of art classes, and I don't think artistry is something you either have or don't. I do think one can learn art like any other skill: cooking, languages, auto repair, etc.

Today's sketch was okay, loosely based on someone I saw on television (can anyone guess who?), but I think I don't like the shape of the nose. It's hard to draw someone from television because even when your subjects are sitting still, they're constantly moving. So, you have little time other than to get the feel of the drawing, and then for the elements that you miss, you fill in as best you can. I couldn't really see this person's nose, so therefore--blah. But, oh well. Better luck in the future, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home