Sunday, May 14, 2006

Filler #2

(Click comic for larger view)
Filler #2

Okay, so I promised that I would post something way earlier than this, so for that, I apologize. However, I have been doing some behind the scenes work on these little comics so, in a sense, it is getting a little easier to draw them and becoming a little "tighter." I suppose this is where the "experiment in comics" aspect comes in. I have been focusing more on construction in some little throw away sketches.

In that regard, the above is one of those "throw away" sketches. I did it on newsprint which, when I colored it in GIMP, gives it the look of MS Paint and crayon. Oh well. I would love to have a wacom tablet, the Illustrator program, and a bunch of cool artist tools that will have to wait for when I can afford such things. I have a few other sketches in my backlog, but my biggest problem appears to be writing scripts. It would be nice to write comic scripts, something that is appropriately jokey, but I just can't seem to do it. One of these weekends, I may take about an hour to think up something, but right now, I am drawing a blank. (Pun intended.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home