Sunday, March 26, 2006

Uncle Boring's Tuba Ensemble

(Click Comic for Larger View)
Uncle Boring's Tuba Ensemble

Jack Black, on a Nickelodeon promo for the Kid's choice award, joked about how instead of the usual music, there'd be a presentation from "Uncle Boring's Tuba Ensemble." I loved the idea of someone called Uncle Boring, so I decided to draw a little comic (or CD cover) of what I imagined him to look like. I spent more time on this than you would imagine, but suffice it to say that I learned how to do even more with GIMP than from before. There are a couple of things that I would do differently. First, I would change up the background somehow so it wasn't just one flat color. I should have fixed that in the drawing stage because I can't figure out how to do it quickly on the computer. The second thing was something that I COULD have fixed (centering the image), but my eyes were going cross from staring at this for so long, and then the Simpsons came on the television so--you know. Until later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home