Friday, March 03, 2006

Neighbors

(Click Comic for Larger View)
Neighbors

So, here is another update. I know that there has to be a better way to do this. And, actually, I have found a few tutorials on the web, but I don't have the right tools. For example, one of the things that I have to learn how to master is the whole layering thing in Photoshop, but since I don't have Photoshop, I have to learn it for GIMP instead. A wacom tablet might be nice (okay super nice!), as would figuring out how to do the lettering through the computer. Of course, all of this hand created stuff has a certain appeal, but I would like to take my drawings further than I have been. Oh well. I have found that doodling and sketching has been a stress reliever of late, so I may post more frequently, but maybe not as often as once a week. Until next time.

2 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger M said...

I think I have that retarded version of photoshop that comes with the computer. I think I can remove the red from people's eyes....that's about it.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger z. said...

Well, if you're interested, here is the link for GIMP. Like I said, I don't know how to do certain things with it, but playing around with it is fun sometimes. It is how I color my comic anyway. (I use the bucket fill tool after I fix mistakes with the paintbrush.) It is a little more versatile than paint, but the drawback is that it can be a little confusing. But it is free, while Photoshop is like a few hundred bucks! You can't shake a stick at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home