Saturday, October 09, 2004

Choose a Hairstyle for Skratchi

(Click Comic for larger view)
Choose a Hairstyle!

Well, it sure has been awhile since the last post, hasn't it? Sorry about that. Work continues to take up a lot of my time, but on the plus side, I am getting caught up on all of it. And that allows me to take a moment to make a new post here on the site. I hope that I will be able to continue with a bit more regularity here, even if it means I wind up posting sketches instead of full comics.

Anyhow, this leads me to the picture above. I want to add a new character to the comic, Skratchi. I don't have a whole lot worked out concerning her character, and I was struggling on her design a bit too. I figured, "What the heck? Why not let the handful of readers here on the site choose how the design goes?" With that in mind, you, the reader, can help me decide which hairstyle Skratchi should have. Each hairstyle has a name next to it, so if you have a moment, leave me a comment (even an anonymous one) and suggest which hairstyle you like the most. Do you like "little house," the most? Or are you a "poodle" fan? I'll use the one I get the most response on so you can see the results in a future comic.

Concerning the sidebar vote on which day to have new comic posted, I will try to start posting with more regularity, and since Friday is currently in the lead, I will try to post on Fridays. However, I am going to leave the vote open, so you can continue to vote for your chosen day, and maybe the schedule will change to reflect your choice. But, even if it is a day or two late, please have a little pity on me. My other life has more than its share of demands. Until then, enjoy and have fun!

6 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the only good choice for your new character is "pixie." In my opinion the others get in the way of the character.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad says he likes Mod and he doesn't know why. You can't see her face. So I would think that Mod would be a bratty teenager. I can't take too many teenagers right now so maybe that's why I don't like it.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dannielle's first choice is Pixie. Her second choice is Mod. Maybe you've got two characters shaping up here. (Sisters who quarrel with each other and drive Angry Bear nuts!)

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah says she votes for Pixie. She thinks she's cute.

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I clearly and most definitely vote for the pixie hair.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pixie is definately my first choice though I think you need to blend and balance out a little bit. Osmond and Josie are just too wierd, squiggle is a little too big, mod and little house I don't have anything against but I am not drawn to them either. Pixie was my favorite but the more I look at the drawings the more I like poodle. There's also a strange symetry in the whole drawing of the seven hairstyles that is kind of amusing. The only short cut is in the middle, but on the outer ring the cuts get shorter progressively between poodle and mod. I wonder if position had anything to do with pixie being my first choice. It is in the center. In the end, you're going to have to make your own decision, and maybe you have subconsciously and this was a comic fraudian slip. I'd like to think so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home