Friday, August 13, 2004

Dinner

(Click comic for larger view)
Dinner

As promised, this is the update for the end of the week. I am still working on other projects that need to be completed soon, but I did not want to get too far away from Angry Bear Comics in the mean time. I had completed this strip a couple of weeks ago, but did not have time to upload it until now. Also, this strip was completely hand drawn, and as you can probably tell, I am still experimenting with the form. All of the black that you see was filled in with a fine tip pen--not something I recommend as I ran out of ink. As you can see, this strip was a little too tall, so the bottom edge of the very last panel is cut off. And, the final critique of myself is that the characters are still a little rough; I still need to figure out a good consistent way of drawing them cleanly. Which means, I need to practice a lot more to get them where I want. (I guess the REAL final thing I want to say is this: My heart longs for a scanner, but my wallet remains parched from a general lack of money.)

On another note, I have discovered that Dana the dog is one of my favorite characters here, and she is the most fun to draw. I think that her ability to return to her optimism, even in the face of Zeb's dunderheaded-ness, is my favorite quality of hers. Overall, I think the development of all of the characters will continue as I find their unique voices more. And as mentioned in my update post, I am going to introduce more characters soon to help flesh out the strip a bit better. While a couple of incidental characters have showed up, I think a couple more established characters will help round out the strip more.

Finally, I think that I also need to establish some regularity here as far as updates goes. I am thinking that I should update this site once a week. This will give me some time to doodle out the main ideas and have the strip drawn in a leisurely, non-pressured way--in a way that does not interfere with my other work. In that regard, I want to know: Which day of the week would you like to see a comic update here? If you have a preference, drop an anonymous note in the comments by clicking on comments link and posting your preferred choice. (Please, I wholeheartedly invite you to leave one. Unlike Zeb, I won't bite. I won't even "Grrr.") So--until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home