Wednesday, August 25, 2004

An Unexpected Phonecall

(Click comic for larger view)
A Phonecall

I'm still learning how to do this. I used a sharpie to fill in the large areas of black, but I think that soon I will try to use actual pen and ink, and maybe I'll even try experimenting with a brush. I am hearing that this is the best way to do these types of things, the best way to create the kind of lines I want, and the best way to give the comic the personal stylistic character it needs. Some of my lines here are not too good. Also, the pen I have been using for lettering doesn't work the way I want. I think the best panel in this strip is the one where Zeb is at a loss for words. I also liked the way Dana turned out in the second panel, even if the inking is a little off.

In any event, this comic is part of a story-line that will fold out over the next couple of weeks. I am hoping to get at least one of these out per week, but if inspiration strikes, and if I get some time for myself away from the demands of work, then I will post more. Don't forget to vote! I want to be able to hear your voice and see what you want. Also, don't be timid about commenting. I'm looking for any kind of feedback that you guys can give. Next Week: Bossy Doodlecoop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home