Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bonus Art!

(Click Art for Larger View)

Zeb and Dana

Somewhat of bonus here. I've been reading several graphic novels, animation design books, and comic tutorials. The end result of all this reading is this little example from my sketchbook. I should have spent a few more minutes working on a background, but on the plus side, I think I am getting more consistent with my character design. What do you think?

I've also figured out how to remove the white little jaggies that sometimes appeared in between my color in GIMP and my scanned-in line art. That is a major, major plus. Stylistically, I've decided that shading is not something I want to explore too much with Angry Bear comics; maybe, I would with something else, but for this comic, I prefer the cartoony look.

4 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger z. said...

Good Grief! I hate, hate, hate comment spam. If you have something to say about me, comics, yourself that's great. Heck, I don't care what you talk about, just so long as you're not trying to sell something. I mean, come on...

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy comic strips. That comic strip was quite entertaining. But a little more on dialogue could have been better.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger z. said...

Thanks for the comment. I think I find writing comics harder than drawing them. I know I should spend more time writing these things before hand, but usually, I start drawing and then figure out the story as I go along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home