Saturday, June 11, 2005

Monkey Trauma

(Click Comic for Larger View)
Monkey Trauma

This comic is either five days late or two days early. I am going to claim that it is two days early: therefore, the next comic will appear the sunday after next (hopefully). Furthermore, you'll note that this comic does not fit within the regular storyline I have been trying to develop, but I am not too concerned about it. I am planning to get back to the mouse pirates eventually. I just wanted to do something with monkeys because inspiration hit.

Related to monkeys, I admit to being a big fan of modern animation, and in my opinion, some of the best gags about monkeys comes from The Simpsons. One of my favorite gags happens to be when the Simpsons go to see Troy Mclure in the broadway musical "Stop the Planet of the Apes: I want to get off." Troy sings about apes and monkeys from "Chimpan-A to Chimpan-Z." Another favorite gag is when Bart wishes he had a "monkey butler." But recently I've been thinking about another throw away gag, a quick screen shot of one of Homer's favorite shows: "MTC: Monkey Trauma Center." Monkey Trauma Center would definitely be an animated show I would love to see. Someone (other than me) really should make a cartoon or comic about an all monkey hospital.

Anyway, I've always thought that Angry Bear Comics wouldn't just be about one comic, but would be a place where I could try out ideas about other comics here as well. For instance, I've got an idea about a Cat who is...well, I guess I will save that one for now. Let me know if you think that this kind of expansion is something you like or not. See you next time. (And for the love of..., please leave comment.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home