Sunday, October 01, 2006

Scanner


Aside from my recent problems getting something sketched, I discovered that an interrupted download of a free firewall, which I unwittingly tried to install, corrupted some of my computer files. Consequently, my scanner wouldn't work properly. I've tried to fix it in my limited fashion, but ultimately, what I had to do was uninstall a few programs and reinstall them. It also reinforced the idea, for me, that I need to backup my files. Eventually, I think I should invest in an external hard drive, but for the time being, I will be backing up important files (like these comics)on CD's. Comic will be forth-coming soon. I promise.

If I haven't mentioned it before, I've also enrolled in a Graphics Design program at my local college. That means that I am now getting training in Photoshop software and gaining other skills which should greatly improve my efforts here on the comic. I am excited to learn these techniques and push my skills. I don't right now have the money for a copy of the Photoshop software, but the theoretically underpinning I am learning about it also helps me with GIMP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home