Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Places to Go

(Click Comic for Larger View)
Places to Go

Not too much to say about this comic. I am still stuck for good story ideas, but I figure I will press on with what I have got started here. I sketched this one out in the non-photo blue pencil, then inked the letters, then used a copic brush pen for all of the outlines. After that, I scanned it into the computer and colored it with GIMP.

I must say that my drawing skills have improved somewhat since I first started doing this, but there's always room for improvement. I've not been drawing everyday like I had initially planned on, but I am still trying to keep in practice. The thing is: when I am drawing straight from my imagination, it looks like this comic. The motorcycle, for example, is admittedly crude. Now, if I had a reference picture to look at, I could do much, much better. But drawing things from reference takes time; time I am not sure I really have. Also, I am hoping that drawing it entirely from imagination is exercising some kind of art muscle that will help me in the long run. Right now, I am applying to a graphic design program, so if I get in, I may be able to improve the quality the comic even more eventually. Anyway, I hope you like it.

(Help me out with the storyline by voting in the Poll in the sidebar!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home