Monday, October 30, 2006

Contemplation

(Click Comic for larger view)

I am getting better using GIMP to color my comic. The biggest discovery was how to use the airbrush tool to touch up the white gaps between the scanned lines and the areas of color. I don't really use layers, although now I think I could because of the courses I have taken in photoshop. But the biggest drawback (no pun intended) is the time it takes to color a comic, something that is fascinating considering how simple the ones I do really are. I've spent an hour and half adding in the color and touching up all the spaces. But I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it.

I'll try to keep up a weekly schedule a little better than I have been lately. Homework isn't quite enough to keep my skills as sharp as I want them, so I need to practice more drawing anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home