Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Island - Illustration Friday

(click image for larger view)


This is my first entry for the site Illustration Friday, a site that invites artists to create a little something based on a theme chosen by fellow artists. Like it says on their site, there isn't any pressure on outcome or results (other than internal I suppose) and no deadlines or clients to worry about either. I think I first heard about this site from one of the many art blogs I try to keep up on, and then, last year from one of my art instructors offered extra credit to anyone who submitted to them. But as I was swamped with regular classwork, I never got around to submitting. I am not sure why I decided to submit now. Anyhow, I sketched out an idea, scanned it in the computer, and then played around with it in Adobe's Illustrator program. So, here it is.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger Rui Sousa said...

this seems to be a calm environment!
really nice!


regards

www.ruisousaartworks.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home